COM outproc & CFProxy unhandled interface for IRunnableObject

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 22 10:31:21 CDT 2004

> From: Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx>
>> Maybe my 'real' problem is that based upon the logging, I also see a
>> CFProxy Unhandled interface for the first interface that the client is
>> trying to access (but I need to know more about how COM/wine deals with
>> this).
>
> Are you sure you're using COM right? I have also written an outproc
> server test and it works OK - at least I've been able to marshal a Hello
> World RPC across.

Well, it seems to work ok on Windows, so there must be something 'ok'
about it. Also, I did not write the application myself. I'm just trying to
get it run under wine.

I am not sure, but there seems to be a difference in the outproc handling
of the CoCreateInstance call?

This goes ok:
hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_Component1, NULL, clsctx, IID_IX, (void**)&pIX) ;

However this seems to go wrong?:
hr = CoCreateInstance(CLSID_Component1, NULL, clsctx, __uuidof(IUnknown),
(void**)&pIUnknown);
hr = pIUnknown->QueryInterface(IID_IX, (void **)&pIX);

classfactory instead of the proxy to the object itself?

Maybe you can check this behaviour? (I don't know exactly if this is
indeed what seems to wrong or that I might have made a mistake with the
simple test program).

> Me and Rob are starting to scrape together a plan, I think, and as part of
> working on other apps we're fixing bits as we go, but it's a long long
> road we have ahead of us. Any help would certainly be welcome.

Well, I'm trying get this application running with wine, I don't know what
else I might walk into, but I surely hope to do some contributions to wine
in the process.
---
Jeroen Janssen