tests: safe MAPI init

Jon Griffiths jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 22 03:56:25 CDT 2004

Hi,

> the mapi32 tests call scInitMapiUtil, which pops up an alert
> box saying something like (translating it) "Your default
> mailer application isn't capable of this operation, please
> ensure that Outlook is configured as the default mailer."

This probably means that you don't have a mapi client installed, I
guess that the default win32 stub mapi implementation just falls back
into 'advertise ms software' mode when this happens. Is this an early
Windows version by any chance?

if you can, please run 'winedump spec mapi32.dll' and 'winedump spec
mapistub.dll' (if the latter exists) and send me the resulting .spec
file, It should be possible to skip the tests unless there is a mapi
client installed.

> As a side note, most of the mapi tests are very careful
> about calling every function through a pointer acquired by
> GetProcAddr(),

Thats just precautionary, I could only test on xp and some
entrypoints are sure to not be present in earlier native versions.

Cheers,
Jon

=====
"Don't wait for the seas to part, or messiahs to come;
 Don't you sit around and waste this chance..." - Live

jon_p_griffiths at yahoo.com