about wine dsound

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Thu Jul 22 22:33:19 CDT 2004

HI
My name are Magnus Olsen (call GreatLord at reactos channel)
I am one of reactos devlooper I  we are now trying get the sound
working in reactos. I did start to port over wine dsound
and find out it did have it own api layer, to get dsound guid, and
other stuff. I did rewrite to thuse part to get it working
under windows. Yes wine dsound with some modifaction are now working
in windows. we need now do some modifaction to wine winmm
get it windows / reactos compatible.

the GetDeviceID in Dsound get the value from the windows / reactos
system register now. and it works under windows 2k / XP

write a api layer betwin  dsound api call to WaveInMessage and WaveOutMessage
DRV_QUERYDSOUNDGUID
100% support for windows and reactos)

DRV_QUERYDSOUNDDESC
80% support for windows and reactos need to figut how to get some data from windows api)

DRV_QUERYDSOUNDIFACE
0% force dsound to software emulation mode until I or some else fix it
for windows or reactos