COM outproc & CFProxy unhandled interface for IRunnableObject

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Fri Jul 23 11:09:53 CDT 2004

CCing to wine-devel as the original reply will be forwarded soon too by
Jeroen ..

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 17:58 +0200, Jeroen Janssen wrote:
> I had a short look at the 'world of com' patch, and it looks like there
> is something in there that implements the IRemUnknown stuff. Is there
> any easy way to determine if/how this can be 'ported' to the current wine?

The "world of dcom" patch used to apply to WineHQ but it may not these
days. Mike did a recent merge of it a month or two ago, maybe he has the
latest copy?

As to actually merging it into CVS, I'm not sure that's a good idea
anymore. There's a lot of duplication there and we understand the code
Marcus wrote better than Oves. Marcus is still a part of the project,
whereas Ove basically isn't anymore. I think some of it is usable, and
some of it is not, but merging it isn't a simple "make it apply cleanly
and submit" I'm afraid.