LockWindowUpdate status

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò dgp85 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 26 12:31:39 CDT 2004

Hi, I was trying to debug wine while using ClrMamePro to fix the Bug #2387 I
reported (the main windows doesn't reappear after it's hide).
The way of ShowWindow() function seems not to be the right one, because it
seems not to be called when the window should shown up after hide.
So I started following the messages way, starting by

fixme:dc:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
fixme:dc:LockWindowUpdate (0x4007a), partial stub!
fixme:dc:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

which seems to be more likely to be wine error than

err:dc:DCE_FreeWindowDCE [0x30094] GetDC() without ReleaseDC()!

which seems (at a first sight) a program error.

So I opened windows/dce.c to search for the function, and I found a Mike's
comment:

    /* This function is fully implemented by the following patch:
     *
     * http://www.winehq.org/hypermail/wine-patches/2004/01/0142.html
     *
     * but in order to work properly, it needs the ability to invalidate
     * DCEs in other processes when the lock window is changed, which
     * isn't possible yet.
     * -mike
     */

at this point I downloaded the patch and tried to apply but seems not to be
appliable automatically (I'll try to apply it by hand because I haven't time
now).
My question is if there's some update on the status of LockWindowUpdate,
because Mike's comment seems to point out that the patch won't work properly.

It this is unrelated to my problem, I think I'll start trying random things to
found out where the problem is :)

Regards,
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò