Make wine honor LC_CTYPE and LC_MESSAGES

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Tue Jul 27 21:04:24 CDT 2004

"Shachar Shemesh" <shachar at lingnu.com> wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258047 says you
> are wrong. My personal experience says you are wrong too, but that's
> besides the point.

You are misinterpreting that MSDN article, especially part about user
locale. Since there is no official API to change user locale, what they
call user locale settings are registry overrides for locale data. I already
mentioned that on my english win2k with locale in Control Panel set to
russian both GetSystemDefaultLCID and GetUserDefaultLCID return 0419
(russian). That dismisses MSDN and your statements.

Thread locale is completely unrelated thing.

--
Dmitry.