Wine and locales

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at baikal.ru
Wed Jul 28 11:02:13 CDT 2004

"Shachar Shemesh" <wine-devel at shemesh.biz> wrote:

> >>Just did:
> >>GetUserDefaultLCID: 0409
> >>GetSystemDefaultLCID: 040d

Ok, I have reproduced it now, my apologies for previous
misunderstanding. But still, it really changes nothing.
System default locale defines current ANSI code page,
while user default locale simply puts the overrides to
the registry for numbers, currency, date/time.

I still want your patch to be removed until you at least
write test cases showing what exactly APIs are affected
by system/user locale. Using LC_CTYPE for the system
default locale (current ANSI code page) is very dubious
choice as well. The whole purpose and the patch itself
are pure hacks aimed to fix unexplaned side effects.

Alexandre, please revert the patch until at least a test
case is written and a better explanation provided what
exactly wrong with locale controled by only LC_ALL and LANG.

--
Dmitry.