[D3D] Added native and emulated S3TC support

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Wed Jul 28 11:43:37 CDT 2004

> Great, so this is another codec-style fiasco where you have to violate
> patents with an extra library if you have the "wrong" video card? What
> does that mean for distribution?

No idea.... And frankly, I do not really care.

Anyway, as we use the library that is (or will) be dynamically loaded by the
DRI code, the packaging issue will be already solved for us for the DRI.

Basically, only people like me with pre-GeForce NVIDIA cards will need to do
the extra steps of actually installing the library, all others will either
have hardware support or have it installed via the DRI package.

     Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/