WineHQ:service.cgi: fix winrash option

chmorgan at charter.net chmorgan at charter.net
Wed Jul 28 15:36:20 CDT 2004

> <chmorgan at charter.net> writes:
>
> > Which errors are you referring to?  The most frequent ones
> > lately are the ones where the winetest package isn't
> > available on the sourceforge osdn mirror.
>
> For example this:
>
> > Winrash version: winrash-0008-chris-msvc.exe
> > [...]
> > winetest = winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip
> > winetest_history =
> > Script:
> > 	8 total commands, current command is 6
> > 	0: error_url http://test.winehq.org/error
> > 	1: error_sleep 3600
> > 	2: download winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wine/winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip
> > 	3: cookie winetest winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip
> > 	4: cookie winetest_history
> > 	5: unzip winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip
> > -->	6: run winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.exe -c -t Cogman -u http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wine/winetest-200407091000-kevin-mingw.zip
> > 	7: sleep 300
> > Command in error:
> >     6
> > Last error text: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> Does the above mean that the download was unsuccessful?
> Equally for "Last error text: %1 is not a valid Win32
> application."?  Then we don't need these messages (which
> could be improved at least).

Yep.  I just tried that url and it worked.  Many of the ones I've tried in the past haven't and the cause seems to be that the mirror chosen doesn't have the file.  I'm not sure what a good solution is.  Perhaps we should implement a way of providing a list of potential download sites for a file.    I'm not sure how to detect that the download fails.  Sourceforge provides a page that says that the file can't be found.  This is what winrash probably downloaded in this case.  Any ideas how to make the system more robust without making it much more complex?

> Hmm, some still try to download winrash-0008 from the osdn
> mirror, which has been obsoleted for a long time.  Why?

I have no idea what the issue is here.  The script should be telling the 0007 client to download 0009.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

> And service.cgi shouldn't pass the -u option to winetest
> anymore, I patched it out.  At least I think so.
>
> > We are still asking people to download the tests from this
> > location for particular test releases.  I'd imagine the
> > fix is simply to point the downloads at valid mirror for
> > the file.
>
> By editing service.cgi's database?  You could ask Jer, his
> is very helpful if you can catch him on IRC.  I wish there
> was some logging feature in service.cgi...  I'll go deeper
> in a couple of days.
> --
> Feri.

Your help is much appreciated.  This is a tricky issue it seems as SF isn't always reliable for downloads...

Chris