Wine and locales

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Wed Jul 28 21:27:32 CDT 2004

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> It breaks every user's setup where LANG and LC_CTYPE inadvertently point
> to different locales (like LC_CTYPE=en_US, LANG=ru_RU) and users in that
> case have completely not working Wine: neither keyboard input, not localized
> resources and everything else. I, personally, fixed several similar cases
> for our customers.

I'm still not clear on what you are objecting to. Changing the system
locale is not going to affect keyboard input or resources. Keyboard
input will be affected because we now set the Unix codepage from
LC_CTYPE too, is that your main objection?  Or are you saying that we
shouldn't even attempt to take into account the locale config because
users get it wrong anyway?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org