Wine and locales

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Jul 29 20:16:36 CDT 2004

"Dmitry Timoshkov" <dmitry at baikal.ru> writes:

> There is no need to test every API, but there are APIs we need to require
> mandatory testing:
>
> GetSystemDefaultLCID
> GetUserDefaultLCID
> GetACP

I don't see what you want to test here.

> FindResourceA
> FindResourceExA

These ones have been well tested already.

> CompareStringA
> GetLocaleInfoA

These take an explicit locale parameter so I don't see why changing
the system locale would suddenly break them.

> Right, that's why I'm asking to revert patch and commit it simultaneously
> with a test case and possible fixes for bugs revealed by the tests.

I see no reason to revert the patch. It's going to make no difference
for 99% of our users, and for the remaining 1% it's about as likely to
fix things as it is to break them.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org