formal standard for wine devel style

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Jul 30 07:55:46 CDT 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 19:06:27 -0700, James Hawkins wrote:
> Is there a written formal standard specifying the style in which wine
> code is written?  I remember a message a while back about how a patch
> couldn't be committed because it didn't meet the standards of wine
> coding style and that someone who knew the style could fix it.

Really? Which patch was that?

Policy is typically "try and fit in with whatever style is used in the
surrounding code", but really we're pretty relaxed about code style
relative to some projects. When writing new code that isn't a part of a
pre-existing file just use whatever you're happy with.

I think the only exception to that really is the wineserver, the code
there follows Alexandres fairly distinctive style so when hacking on the
server you should use that style all over. That's OK though, following
that style tends to lead to easy to read code, you'll see it used
elsewhere in Wine too.