possible bug in wcmd

Henning Gerhardt henning.gerhardt at web.de
Fri Jul 30 11:04:47 CDT 2004

Hi,

I discovered a possible bug in wcmd. If you run "help for" inside wcmd, wcmd
crashed and the winedebugger is called. I used to confirm this bug on my
machine the latest tarball and a CVS-snapshot from today.

If anybody can confirm this bug I will be happy :)

The following lines are only correct if this bug is true:

The problem is that a single % letter inside the resource strings. Look for the
for-help text in En.rc file and you find the sentence "The requirement to double
the % sign when using FOR in a batch file does") get parsed and this single %
caused the crash.

I found the following solutions and I don't know what is the right solution:

1. replace the single % with a double %% in all resource files

2. replace in the function WCMD_give_help (builtins.c:330) WCMD_output
with WCMD_output_asis  (WCMD_output (wcmdmain.c:733) called
WCMD_output_asis but make some stuff for possible dynamic parameters)

3. patch the function WCMD_output (wcmdmain.c:733) with the attached patch
(Replace a single % with a double % and all later called system function are
be happy)

I prefer personal the second or third solution.

Regards,

	Henning