for whoever maintinas winrash

Chris Morgan cmorgan at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Jul 30 11:25:59 CDT 2004

Thanks for the bug report.

On Friday 30 July 2004 12:46 am, Ivan Leo Puoti wrote:
> We've had the following complaints on wine-users.
>
> > I installed this on a windows 98se box. I can't say I like having the DOS
> > window open all the time (it's ugly). Can this not be written as a
> > windows programme, and sit in the system tray?

I'm not really sure what the user means.  I don't have anything other than an
xp machine to test on and services are supported there.  Anyone know what the
issue is?  Maybe adding some code to the non-service path that was added to
support win9X machines would let us hide the window?

> > Also, during the installation process, after I entered my email address,
> > the installer removed what it called 'invalid characters' - i.e.,
> > underscores. All my main email addresses contain underscores, so I was
> > forced to enter an old one that is not very reliable.

We could support underscores but Feri tells me that they aren't supported by
winetest so I strip them out both during the install and when the email
address is being used.

Feri, anyway we can add support for underscores in winetest and remove this
requirement?

Chris