Question about mmap issues on FreeBSD/NetBSD

Joe Gainey joe.gainey at odys.com
Fri Jul 30 13:55:31 CDT 2004

I've got some cross platform issues i cannot resolve. There are some
obvious issues like the assumption that round() is in the math library
and not linking in the math library itself. i've worked passed those.
Currently, I'm working with a patched version of the latest cvs source
on Solaris 9x86. After applying Robert Lunnon's patch kit to the latest
cvs course and substituting rint for the round function in
wine/dlls/dsound/mixer.c and add the math library to EXTRALIBS, I got a
clean compile. however running the wine binary results in the following:

try_mmap_fixed: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm not intimately familiar with how wine manages it's memory so I
hesitate to guess what is going on. I've attached the output of the
truss if anyone has any ideas on what it going on or how to fix it
please let me know.

Joe Gainey