Minor logging improvements to freetype.c

Huw D M Davies h.davies1 at physics.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 14:45:17 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 07:09:16PM +0100, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:42:56 +0100, Huw D M Davies wrote:
> > You could argue that these three should really be FIXMEs
>
> My reading of the code is that these indicate bodged/corrupt fonts rather
> than known bugs in the Wine code. Am I wrong?

No, these trigger when either the font isn't a ttf or if the font is
missing some tables that Wine relies on.  Windows is better at dealing
with this than we are and so it really is a Wine bug.

> > I don't think these two should be warnings.  It's perfectly possible to
> > have two copies of the same font installed and you don't want to confuse
> > users by issuing warnings about something where we actually do the right
> > thing.
>
> Users don't see warnings normally anyway, I changed them because
> sometimes I do a warn+all trace to see if anything shows up and the
> program using different fonts to what I (perhaps) expect might qualify.

I'd still argue that these should be TRACEs, since the situation is
perfectly normal and we handle the case correctly.

Huw.