[REGRESSION] Photoshop 7.0 works before wine-cvs-20040130 16:??:?? CST (bug #2017)

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 2 07:19:07 CDT 2004

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:31:41 +0200, you wrote:

> > with a number of specific activation context error codes in the
> > 12000-14999 region.
> simple problem: I'm not a good programmer (some BASH, C, Perl and php
> knowledge), so where should I insert the above line?

It is a small function, hard to do it wrong there. Just put it before
the line with return .

After you did that and saved your changes, do a make followed by
make install in the directory dll's/kernel. That saves a lot of time by
not having to recurse twice through the tree.

> > If not, you can always follow Mike's advice.
> Already done.
> The real problem: which is the best solution for this problem?
> Commenting out the declaration following Mike's advice (as it seems that
> that it isn't used) or trying to find the correct error following your
> advice? I've no problem at making test to find the error code...

Mike's solution seems certain to work. Disadvantage is that it may break
another program (that /needs/ the presence of this stub).

Fixing it the way I described is a far better solution, but I have no
idea if it even has a chance to succeed.

If I were you, I would try a few values and if unsuccessful go for
Mike's solution (but I am not you, neither have I easy access to the
program in question).
> Another fact that I forgot to tell you is that on the latest CrossOffice
> 3.0 demo, Photoshop 7.0 works like a charm with no problem at all.

No surprise. There is care in Crossover not to allow patches in that
break supported app's.

Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl