[REGRESSION] Photoshop 7.0 works before wine-cvs-20040130 16:??:?? CST (bug #2017)

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Wed Jun 2 08:52:41 CDT 2004

Hello,

on 06/02/04 14:19, Rein Klazes wrote:
> It is a small function, hard to do it wrong there. Just put it before
> the line with return .
I'm so stupid, I didn't think that I should see in the other files
modified by the patch. Thank you for the explanation.

> After you did that and saved your changes, do a make followed by
> make install in the directory dll's/kernel. That saves a lot of time by
> not having to recurse twice through the tree.
I haven't installed the wine-cvs, so I always made
- - make distclean
- - cvs -d... [to update]
- - ./configure && make depend && make
- - ./wine [...]/Photoshop.exe

Now for these tests I saw that after a change, just 'make' it's ok.

> Mike's solution seems certain to work. Disadvantage is that it may break
> another program (that /needs/ the presence of this stub).
As I supposed...

> Fixing it the way I described is a far better solution, but I have no
> idea if it even has a chance to succeed.
>
> If I were you, I would try a few values and if unsuccessful go for
> Mike's solution (but I am not you, neither have I easy access to the
> program in question).
Ok, as I told you, I've no problem to make tests... I mean, now that
we've a temporary solution, I can try different error values in
background of my normal work. Just to see if I fall on the 'right' one.
I tested only the error values the description of which contains
'activation context'. I reported the results in these form:

error number, error description
   yes(work)/no(doesn't), text included in the window that appears

=====
ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED
   no, Request not supported

13016, The application attempted to activate a disabled activation context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error [copying 'Photoshop.dll'
   in 'fake_windows/windows/system/' didn't solve it]

13017, The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation
context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14000, The requested section was not present in the activation context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14001, This application has failed to start because the application
configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14002, The application binding data format is invalid.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14006, The application attempted to activate a disabled activation context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14007, The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation
context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14008, A component version required by the application conflicts with
another component version already active.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14009, The type requested activation context section does not match the
query API used.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14010, Lack of system resources has required isolated activation to be
disabled for the current thread of execution.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14011, An attempt to set the process default activation context failed
because the process default activation context was already set.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14082, The activation context activation stack for the running thread of
execution is corrupt.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14084, The activation context being deactivated is not the most recently
activated one.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14085, The activation context being deactivated is not active for the
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14086, The activation context being deactivated has already been
deactivated.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14088, A kernel mode component is releasing a reference on an activation
context.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error

14089, The activation context of system default assembly could not be
generated.
   no, Cannot load Photoshop.dll: Unkwown error
=====

So, it seems that there's only Mike's solution, if someone has no other
ideas...

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca