FW: Crash due to _fini

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Wed Jun 2 15:39:31 CDT 2004

Rajeev
On June 1, 2004 09:39 pm, Rajeev Bansal wrote:
> Hi
> Dimi,
> I was trying to understand why any wine shared dll (like msvcrt.dll.so)
> crashed at the _fini call. This does not happen if I use my own created
> shared libraries. I was seeking help to find out why the crash occurs only
> with wine shared library. I had to port my windows code even on MacOS,
> hence I was attempting to use the wine libs without winegcc/wineg++ and
> specs file. This would make "porting" to any platform not supported
> currently by wine easy.

Basically you can't do what you are trying to do (well, you can't without a
load of hacking etc).  Because of the clever things Wine has to do in order
to work, it has to be the main program.  Your code simply ends up as a shared
object that wine calls.  winegc etc. helps set that up for you.

--
Bill Medland
mailto:billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
http://webhome.idirect.com/~kbmed