[REGRESSION] Photoshop 7.0 works before wine-cvs-20040130 16:??:?? CST (bug #2017)

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 3 04:15:29 CDT 2004

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:20:36 +0100, you wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:19:07 +0200, Rein Klazes wrote:
> > Mike's solution seems certain to work. Disadvantage is that it may break
> > another program (that /needs/ the presence of this stub).
>
> That's unlikely at this point. The activation context APIs are
> XP/Server2003 only, very very few apps (if any) will have a hard
> dependency on them.

Hmm, I thought adding stubs without any application using them was not
approved of. Just for this reason: others make wrong assumptions on the
basis of the availability of an API.

> I agree we should fill out these APIs, but this could be a bit tricky.
> They are rather poorly explained on MSDN and appear to exist to support

Photoshop may need only a fraction of that API, perhaps only a
refinement on the way this functions fails.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl