How to determine if an application is running in Wine environment?

Joshua Walker halkun2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 19:13:19 CDT 2004

Hold on...
Let's pretend that a particular software manufacturer
decides that running thier software under wine is no
in the best intrest of the company. Or better yet,
decides that if the program isn't running under a true
Microsoft windows It will you that running program XYZ
under Wine is illigal (Due to click-wrap licence
agreement). Can you safely remove that key so that
"menie" programs like that don't know where they are.

Remeber DR-DOS and Win3.1?