How to determine if an application is running in Wine environ ment?

Izak Burger izakb at synapp.com
Fri Jun 11 01:07:01 CDT 2004

Joshua Walker wrote:

 > I may be exaggerating a little, but I didn't think
 > they would throw a Russan programmer into prision for
 > telling how to defeat PDF encryption in the US either.

Yeah, boy I'm glad I live in Africa.  Case in point: some oke had a car
registration here: "Nazi WP" (WP == western province).  Of course some
people was a little unhappy about that.  But the amazing thing is the
whole issue was solved without a single court case.  Don't think that is
possible in the lawyer invested US of A

 > Then again, MS could always to a checksum on some
 > system DLLS just to make sure as well.

Probably not, they have to release fixes of their own DLL's quite often
too   The only "lasting" thing they can do is make it illegal, anything
"technical" they do will be defeated eventually, you just have to figure
out what they did and do the same thing.

Cheers,
Izak