Implement a --backtrace-all mode for winedbg

Mike Hearn mh at codeweavers.com
Sat Jun 12 12:24:21 CDT 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 19:13:05 +0200, Eric Pouech wrote:
> well, in that case the mini-dumps are the way to go (even if they don't
> have the pre-defined semantics for system wide thread information, but
> they do have what you need). This will embed more details that what
> you've done (OS version, loaded modules...)

What is a minidump? I saw them mentioned in the todo list but there weren't
many details.

> I was thinking of (for your example, even if I still don't like the
> idea) of:
> - adding a new command to winedbg (say 'bt *' to get what you described)
> - add a new option to winedbg, which is run the command passed in
> parameter. so, the command line would be winedbg -e 'bt *' (we could
> this way have better flexibility if needed).
> I was not talking about asking the user to do 'info proc' at the winedbg
> prompt followed by a bt <tid> for each known thread id

Yes, that would work too, though I'd expect bt * to backtrace every thread in
the current process, whereas --backtrace-all does all the threads in every
process (which is useful if there are two processes and one is blocked on the other).

thanks -mike