Fix 3 bugs in locale handling

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Mon Jun 14 13:34:42 CDT 2004

Dmitry Timoshkov <dmitry at> writes:

> 1. If the locale has changed current code never refreshes win.ini
> and registry values due to the following test done in GetLocaleInfoW:
>     /* first check for overrides in the registry */
>     if (!(lcflags & LOCALE_NOUSEROVERRIDE) && lcid == GetUserDefaultLCID())
>     {
> lcid is always pointing to current user locale returned by GetUserDefaultLCID()
> and therefore cached (old) values get returned.
> I modified code to get data directly from kernel resources in that case.

It seems to me that this is what we are doing already since we pass
LOCALE_NOUSEROVERRIDE in that case, I don't see how your patch would
make any difference (and win.ini definitely gets refreshed with the
current code). Could you please give more details on the problem you
are seeing?

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at