[USER] 'Fix' SetWindowsHookEx

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Mon Jun 14 16:34:15 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 12:58:55PM -0700, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> This doesn't look right, it doesn't make sense to create a system-wide
> hook without an instance, since in that case there is no way to call
> the function in other processes. This requires more investigation to
> find out exactly what Windows does in this case.

Well, this is why I put fix in quotes as I did not really understood what I
was doing.

Anyway, what I know is that the application explicitely puts the NULL
parameter, so it's not a bug upstream. So either it's something that worked
on Windows95 and not anymore (as the application is quite old) or a problem
in Wine.

I will try to run this application on my Win2K box to see if it works (or
write a test to see if the call fails or not). I will alas not be able to
test much more as I do not know th difference between a system-wide hook and
another sort of hook :-)

On the other hand, I thought that as my patch called GetModuleHandle(NULL)
the hook would not have been system-wide, but only application wide as I
would set the parameter with the handle of the application.

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/