How to test patches?

Mike Hearn mike at
Thu Jun 17 08:25:08 CDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 19:09:45 -0400, Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:
> I want to patch something in wrc/ (hopefully trivial), but I'm not sure
> how to test for any side effects. Is there a regression test suite or
> something you guys use to test your patches?

Yes, try "make test", (still under
construction), writing test cases for Windows specifically etc. Alexandre
runs the test suite before any patch is checked in, any patch which causes
a test case to fail bounces.

We're also working on a graphical regression test system (cxtest) which
can drive apps and take screenshots/search for windows at regular
intervals to check an app is progressing through the test.