docu update

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Jun 18 16:44:41 CDT 2004

"Dimitrie O. Paun" <dpaun at rogers.com> writes:

> Let's remove it and see if people complain, and why they complain.
> We are likely to find real problems that need fixing anyway.

That's easy, they will complain about the thing wineinstall takes care
of, like not having write access to the build tree, conflicts with the
installed rpm, missing ld.so.conf entry, etc.  These things were added
to wineinstall precisely because many people complained about them.

The alternative is to add all these checks in configure and the
makefiles, but then it annoys experienced users who know what they are
doing and get treated as if they didn't. I think having different
levels of hand holding for different users makes a lot of sense, and
wineinstall gives us that possibility.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org