Lotus SmartSuite '97 nonfunctional

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jun 19 23:53:41 CDT 2004

In the same yard sale where I bought Lotus SmartSuite '96
(whose Lotus 1-2-3 works under wine-20040615), I also
bought the '97 version.  I had numerous problems with
the '97 version.  Its installer failed while installing
Word Pro (though it seemed to install Lotus 1-2-3).  Lotus 1-2-3
fails with numerous errors when loading a small file
or even starting without any file.  Something (maybe heavier
use of OLE?) changed from the '96 to '97 versions
such that Wine is much less happy running the '97 version.

If anyone's interested, I can post more details.
- Dan

--
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com