bug in sound support?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Tue Jun 22 13:10:45 CDT 2004

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Ivan wrote:

> Wine oss doesn't work with the via82cxxx_audio audio driver shipped in the linux
> kernel, no other app has any problems, so I'm wondering if it's wine related.
> What info is needed to debug this?

You should first determine if your application uses DirectSound or not.
For that a +loaddll will tell you if dsound.dll is loaded.

Then I would recommend the following trace options:
+relay,+seh,+winmm,+wave. IF DirectSound is used, then add +dsound.

It may also be useful to run the regression tests in interactive mode to
determine if basic sound is working. In a source tree do:

cd dlls/winmm/tests
make
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 ../../../tools/runtest -P \
    wine -M winmm.dll -T ../../.. -p winmm_test.exe.so wave.c

And to test basic DirectSound functionality:

cd dlls/dsound/tests
make
WINETEST_INTERACTIVE=1 ../../../tools/runtest -P \
    wine -M dsound.dll -T ../../.. -p dsound_test.exe.so dsound.c

                  A black hole is just God dividing by zero.