A wine magic trace key

Andrei Barbu teval at myrealbox.com
Tue Jun 29 11:02:26 CDT 2004

I'm about to implement a set of keys that lets me enable disable traces
any time. Seems to me like it's a good idea, like that I can get traces
for exactly what I need. Especially when I'm faced with weird debugger
output that's 10 minutes into the game and I can't turn traces on to
begin with.

Is there another way, possibly existing, to do this?
Is this a really bad idea?

If people are interested I can post a patch later on today or tomorrow
with it. It'll be implemented in the x11 driver and calling the existing
wine_dbg_parse_options with a new options string. It can even be made a
commandline option to enable and disable that key combination (and
possibly the key combination could be set in wineconfig) but that's if
enough people are interested in the idea.