err:opengl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat Flag not supported

Tobias Burnus burnus at gmx.de
Wed Jun 30 05:59:50 CDT 2004

Hello,

I have the following problems with WINE, CVS version as of yesterday and
   Crystal Impact's Diamond
   http://www.crystalimpact.com/diamond/
   http://www.crystalimpact.com/download/diamond/demo/dm2demo.exe,
which installs flawlessly.

a) I get a
   err:opengl:X11DRV_ChoosePixelFormat Flag not supported
when I open e.g. ./Samples/Minerals/Copper.dsf
and a dialogbox with the following text is shown:
   ChoosePixelFormat() returns 0 (last error = 0)
   SetPixelFormat() returns 1 (last error = 0)
   wglCreateContext() returns 0 (last error 2000)
   wglMakeCurrent() returns 1 (last error = 0)
(Workaround: disable rendering)

b) Some data is displayed as list, e.g. like
   http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/wine/diamond_list.png
under WINE this is completely mangled:
   http://www.physik.fu-berlin.de/~tburnus/wine/diamond_list_wine.png
Sometimes some spread numbers appear, but in this case one can
only mark cells.

Any ideas how to fix/debug this? (I have unfortunally no experience at
all in programming in Wine/Windows.)
Anyone volunteering to look at this?
I'm willing to spend some $$ (but not $$$) on that (I know that this is
not much, but some rewarding of volunteer work doesn't hurd either).

Regards,

Tobias