Cleaning up W->A calls

Steven Edwards steven_ed4153 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 09:00:58 CDT 2004

Hi James,

--- James Hawkins <truiken at comcast.net> wrote:
>  If I'm totally off the mark, let me know, and if there are other
> jobs I
> could be doing, let me know as well because I would like to
> contribute,
> but I'm not exactly sure what to do yet.  Thankyou for your time.

Welcome! I dont think it matters from a performance point of view. From
my reading of documentation regarding Windows NT it seems they have
abut a 20% performance hit on the ASCII calls vs the Unicode calls. I
think that they implement both ASCII and Unicode rather than have ASCII
call the unicode functions. (This is due to the fact that they had a
semi-share source base with Win9x). Most of Wine just has the A
function call the W function so I would follow this standard. It will
reduce code duplication and prob'l lessen bugs.

Thanks
Steven