Sibelius 2

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Mon Mar 1 01:26:30 CST 2004

>When it crashes there is no useful message, only "Unhandled exception".  Using winedbg
>I have found that Sibelius appears to be following a NULL pointer.  I haven't yet
>managed to track down where it's getting the bad pointer from... any suggestions would
>be appreciated.

Maybe the NULL pointer is reasonable, but the called function doesn't check the value
and then uses it -> crash. If you make a back trace at the moment of the crash
you see the called function. Then you can test on windows if it should handle NULL
pointers or not. If not you still may have enough information to know which part the
NULL pointer came from so you can create logs with --debugmsg and the right channels.

bye  Fabi