OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile

Ross Clement R.P.Clement at westminster.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 03:12:09 CST 2004

Hi. I have an application (Halosim3) that I would like to have working
under wine. The application works reasonably well, but is unable to save
pictures to disk. With a bit of tracking, I've discovered that it calls
OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile to save the image that it generates. This
function (in dlls/oleaut32/olepicture.c) is a "stub" only, and writes
back This->datalen bytes of This->data. Looking at the code further, it
seems that This->data is only initialised when an image is loaded from
disk. Hence any image editing or creating program that creates an image
in memory, or modifies an image after it is loaded, won't work.

I would like to ask if anyone is working on OLEPictureImpl_SaveAsFile,
or planning to. Otherwise I may have a hack at it myself.

I'm not subscribed to the winehq mailing list, but will check the
archives sometime in the future. If anyone wants to contact me quicker
than that, please cc it to my email address as per this email.

Cheers,

Ross-c
Ross Clement (Dr)
Senior Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence
Harrow School of Computer Science
University of Westminster
Northwick Park
Middlesex