Native NetBSD audio driver

Eric Pouech pouech-eric at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 2 14:21:51 CST 2004

Alexandre Julliard a écrit :
> Yorick Hardy <yha at na.rau.ac.za> writes:
>

>>The idea is that eventually winenbsd and wineoss only have the drv.h
>>and the spec file. drv.h will define all driver specific names/functions.
>>I must stress that I am only concerned with the OSS and NetBSD drivers
>>at the moment.
>

> Any such solution needs to take into account all the drivers; we don't
> want a mechanism that will only work for a specific case, it will make
> things an even bigger mess.

don't also forget that we have two cases to take into account:
- the audio interfaces themselves
- the fact the same physical interface can be handled by various drivers
(OSS & ALSA for example)

What I'd suggest is the scheme where, by default, all physical
interfaces are reported thru all supported unix drivers (which mean that
we could get duplicates, but the name should be self explanatory => Wine
OSS #1, Wine Alsa #1...). Some registry magic would disable some entries
if they are not needed by the end user (so that he/she could decide what
to use, for example, force Alsa in all the cases, or never use alsa...)

A+