Native NetBSD audio driver

chmorgan at charter.net chmorgan at charter.net
Tue Mar 2 10:51:49 CST 2004

What is the plan for combining these audio drivers?  One thing that is common to each driver are the functions that handle the wave headers, adding, removing etc.

I'm also weary of any kind of combination that includes OSS as OSS is depreciated and has been replaced by Alsa.

I'm also concerned with the arts, jack and nas drivers being left out of this merge.  While many of the audio drivers have a lot in common there are a LOT of subtle differences that are necessary for things to work correctly.  Maybe Eric and others could comment on what they see as being able to be combined, although I've worked a bit on audio drivers I'm drawing mostly a blank.

Thanks,
Chris