Contribution offer: Localization work

Christian Britz cbritz at gmx.net
Mon Mar 8 15:39:44 CST 2004

Hi Fabi,

you are coming from Ticino? Very nice region, have been there some
times! :-)

Fabian Cenedese schrieb:
>>Binärdateien), unter Unix auszuführen. Es besteht aus einem Programm-
>>Lader, der Microsoft Windows-Binärdateien lädt und ausführt, sowie
>>einer Library (Winelib genannt), die Aufrufe der Windows API unter
>>Verwendung der entsprechenden Unix- oder X11-Gegenstücke implementiert.
>
> I take it that this is only a translation of the English file and not written by
> yourself. But this sentence could lead people to believe that wine can just
> be linked to normal Linux programs (-lwine) which won't be working for
> a long time I think.

Important: I did not want to change the sense of the original file.
Personally I think even bugs should be persistant between different
translations. ;-) Otherwise they would drift away from each other too
much (my opinion). On the other hand, I had to change some sections
slightly, as they would not make too much sense in german, could be
miss-interpreted or simply would sound ugly if translated very close to
the original. I don't know how the other translators handle this issue.

And I promise to update often... ;-)

Perhaps I have added a few too much "bitte" to the translation, but
since some decades german people try to be nice instead of ugly
barbarian Krauts... ;-)

> If there is a translated Readme shouldn't there also be a translated licence
> file? I'm sure there is already one translated available from GNU.org. Then
> this should say LIZENZ instead of LICENSE.

See Shachar's mail. I agree to his view.

>>Starten Sie Programme mit "wine [options] program". Weitere
>
> Should this also be translated to "wine [optionen] programm"?

"wine [Optionen] Programm". I will change it in the update.

>>  Desweiteren benötigen Sie flex in der Version 2.5 oder höher und yacc.
>
> I think that should be "Des weiteren". Taken from some Internet forum:
> Laut Duden _20: des weiteren, des öfteren, aber: des Nachts.

"Des Weiteren" according to dict.leo.org.
BTW: I prefer it much above "ausserdem"... :-)

> Or we could just change it to "Weiters" :)

I don't think this is very common in countries that really _speak_
german instead of just writing it... *hint* B-)

>>Mit ./configure --help können Sie sich die Konfigurations-Otionen für
>
> Small spelling mistake.

Thanks.

>>Nachdem der Build von Wine korrekt durchgelaufen ist, können Sie das
>>Kommando "make install" aufrufen; Dadurch werden das Wine-Programm, die
>>Man-Page und einige andere benötigte Dateien installiert.
>
> Shouldn't this say "sudo make install"? I guess that should be changed in the
> English version too if it's not like that.

I will change it when the original changes.

>>Wine benötigt eine Konfigurations-Datei namens "config" in Ihrem
>>~/.wine-Verzeichnis. Das Format dieser Datei wird in der Man-Page der
>>Konfigurations-Datei erklärt (documentation/wine.conf.man).
>>Die Datei documentation/samples/config enthält eine beispielhafte
>>Konfigurations-Datei, die angepasst und an die oben erwähnte Stelle
>>kopiert werden muss.
>
> I don't think it's necessary to copy the wine config yourself if you use
> wineinstall (which is the recommended way). Maybe this difference should
> be pointed out. (Again also applies for the English Readme file).

See above. But I thought the same when I translated it.

>>umfassenden Test durch, die Ergebnisse der Überprüfungsollten sollten
>
> Another small spelling mistake.

Thanks again.

>>Übersetzung von Christian Britz (Deutschland)
>>Auf die Übersetzung bezogene Fehlermeldungen,
>>Anregungen und Kommentare senden Sie bite an:
>>cbritz at gmx.net
>
> Congratulations, you did a very good job. It's really a high level German you
> have with very few mistakes. Most of my German business contacts don't
> speak/write that well :)

Thank you for the compliments! :-) I have to admit that German was my
primary school subject and gave me the max score of 15 points in
"Abitur" exam.
Did I mention that I could read german perfectly before joining school?
;-) Sooorryy for blatancy, too much alcohol on my birthday...

Regards and thank you very much for your detailed inspection!
Christian