vsnprintf: glibc and win32 not compatible

Jesse Allen uh_ja at gmx.net
Tue Mar 9 15:59:01 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:45:59PM +0800, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
> >Discovered an issue with null pointer passed for %s (Warcraft III likes to
> >do that it seems).  I handle it by printing "(null)".  Other than that, it
> >will
> Have you made it do something usefull if the user passes a null for a wide
> char string? (i.e. passes %S and a null string?)

(A reply to the list this time)

OK, I have added %S and %C.  They pretty much copy %s and %c.  I have started
to read through dlls/user/wsprintf.c to show me how it's really done.  Though,
it is not finished.  So in the case if something asks for %S and gives a null
pointer, it will do the same as %s and print "(null)".  glibc does the same
thing for %s and %ls.

If anyone would like try the updated version they can download snprintf.c and
snprintf.h, renamed since it implements snprintf now, from ftp://narf.dnip.net/
and copy it into dlls/msvcrt.  Update Makefile.in and msvcrt.spec and it should
work after that.  But it it still very experimental and there is more to do.

Jesse