wineinstall hangs

Fabian Cenedese Cenedese at indel.ch
Thu Mar 11 04:08:11 CST 2004

>>Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>
>You can safely ignore this.

Yep, I know.

>>Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".
>
>Do you have GLX compatible drivers on this maschine, is GLX activated in your XF86Conig file? I often forget these trivial things...

I don't know but I thought that ./configure would pick up everything I have
or not and react accordingly. It's bad if the install fails before it's even finished.
What's GLX? It's not mentioned in my XF86Config and locate GLX only
produced two man entries. My graphic card is a Diamond Stealth 64 PCI.

>>fixme:urlmon:URLMON_DllRegisterServer (void): stub
>>wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
>
>I get this often when RUNNING programs! :)

Yes, but already on the WINE setup?

>>Warning: Language 'us' was not recognized, defaulting to English.
>>Could not stat /mnt/fd0 (No such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
>
>Which Linux distribution do you use?

That's Knoppix (Kernel 2.4.24).

>>(hang, CTRL-C)
>
>Bad.

Yeah. Maybe there was some debugger activated but I couldn't see it.

>>But after that I could start wine regedit and the keys seem to have been
>>generated. So I don't know what really failed.
>>bye  Fabi
>
>Perhaps just warnings like the missing /mnt/fd0?

An unhandled exception and program hang is always bad. That's my
main concern. And I thought that others may have the same problem.
If not I will look into my configuration some more.

Thanks

bye  Fabi