wineinstall hangs

Ivan Leo Murray-Smith puoti at inwind.it
Thu Mar 11 08:13:53 CST 2004

> I don't know but I thought that ./configure would pick up everything I have
> or not and react accordingly. It's bad if the install fails before it's even
finished.
> What's GLX? It's not mentioned in my XF86Config and locate GLX only
> produced two man entries. My graphic card is a Diamond Stealth 64 PCI.
I'm no graphics expert, but IIRC GLX is a X extension that SGI invented so that
X could use openGL.
If it's missing, chances are you don't a have 3D driver for your card, or it
isn't configured properly. Look for a good driver for your video card, or check
the configuration. If you don't need 3D graphics, you can ignore the
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":1.0".
message, or use mesa (But it's very slow).

Ivan.