wine/ misc/options.c documentation/wine.man.in ...

Dimitrie O. Paun dimi at intelliware.ca
Fri Mar 12 13:53:18 CST 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

> Ah, holy shell wars :-)

yes, finally!!!

> An example is worth a lot of explanations. The vanishing wine command line
> option nerved me a long time now. Only today I looked up what can be done to
> start wine with changed variables for that command. For csh, I found no
> other way than the env(1) way...

Sure, but my point is that the wine man pages are not the place to
document csh behaviour. Vast majority of Wine users are Linux users,
and virtually all of them run a Bourne compatible shell. As such,
your clarification in fact is quite confusing (WTF is this env(1)
about, and why should I care? Did I miss anything? Eh? That was
my reaction in the first .1s) for the vast majority of our users.

If you want to use a non-standard shell, you should be fully aware
what a heck your doing, and be prepared to adapt standard idioms
to your special shell. And this without looking at the wine man page.

--
Dimi.