cards.dll

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Mon Mar 15 17:08:51 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 12:09:24AM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Can someone remind me again why we can't have GPL DLLs in the tree?
> Doesn't the "call through documented interface blah blah blah not
> derived work" argument cause the license for each two DLLs in Wine to be
> independant?

Basically it goes like this: LGPLed code can be run as a library, i.e.
a function of an LGPLed dll can be called as a function call.
GPLed code must be run as a (Unix) process if you want to use it from
non-GPL-compatible code. See the GPL and especially the GPL FAQ for details.

 Ciao
  Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer at loplof.de>