[RESENT] TIME_GetBias

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue Mar 16 13:45:01 CST 2004

    Alexandre> Uwe Bonnes <bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> writes:
    >> ptm = localtime(&utc); ptm = gmtime(&utc); ret = last_bias =
    >> (int)(utc-mktime(ptm));
    >>
    >> I my understanding mktime(gmtime(time(NULL))) == time(NULL)

    Alexandre> No, mktime takes local time, it's the reverse of localtime(),
    Alexandre> not gmtime().

But then, what is wrong with
bias = int(time(NULL) - mktime(localtime(mktime(NULL).

like I suppose with my patch

At present, we do
bias = int(time(NULL) - mktime((gmtime(mktime(NULL)||changes tm_isdst)))

which is diffuse at least and at make the quickworks/synplicity/flexlm combo
stop.

Don't count the hours, I have hunted that bug. Any help is appreciated.

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de