[RESENT] TIME_GetBias

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Mar 17 06:00:20 CST 2004

...    Rein> which leaves:

    Rein> 	bias = utc - utc

    Rein> which makes bias always zero, and tested on my system it surely
    Rein> makes it return zero. Is that different on your system?  If that
    Rein> is not the case then our assumptions are wrong. Can there be a
    Rein> buggy libc involved (mine is 2.3.2)?

Okay, writing some C test routine, I see that your are right.

However the present implementation makes synplify light not see the flexlm
test license. Do you have DSL? Can you download about 200 MByte?
Registration is required, but I guess
http://www.quicklogic.com/images/QuickWorks953.exe
should work too. Installation has to be done with native Ole and friends,
the installed pasic/spde directory has to be added to the path. Run in
desktop mode or expect messageboxes hidden under images.

The installation leave a 3 day test license in pasic/spde/license.dat.

Start spde.exe. It should report the 3 day test license. If missing path is
mentioned, correct it.

File->Import->synplicity Project

Select e.g. ../pasic/Exemplar/reference/pci5232_208/vhdl/pci5232_208.prj
and okay.

Synplify starts, but brings up "Introduction" with a message "Sorry, no
Synplify license is available".

The start wrapper calculates some magic string from the time. Then TZ is set
to GMT0 and another process is started with this magic string as parameter.

If you change the TimeGetBias() function as mentioned, synplify starts with
the grace license.

Any help appreciated
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de