Branching/version control [was Re: cards.dll]

Erik de Castro Lopo wine at mega-nerd.com
Wed Mar 17 16:04:57 CST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:44:50 +0000
Mike Hearn <mike at navi.cx> wrote:

> Another thing I'd really like to see is a move to GNU arch version control

I'm using Arch on all my own projects and I think its great. Still needs
a little polish, but its improving really quickly.

There is also a concerted effort going on to fix its current windows-
unfriendliness (issues with handling case-insensitive filesystems and
very long path names).

> Maybe if I get some time this holiday I'll try reviving my program to
> parse CVS commit messages back into filesystem operations and begin
> keeping an arch archive in sync with CVS so people can try it out.

Have a look at cscvs:

    http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/cscvs

    "cscvs is a tool which implements an abstraction layer over CVS
     constraining it to operations which have atomic changeset semantics.
     If you need to maintain a project on both CVS and Arch, you should
     really have a look at it."

> What do people think?

I think Arch will work really well for the very highly distributed nature
of Wine development.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)