PLT pointer destroyed problem when loading IR32_32.DLL (Indeo codec)

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Mar 18 03:48:15 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 09:33, Christian Costa wrote:
>         How can I retreive this info from the dll? I guess it is
>         stdcall like it should be.

As far as I know the only way is to disassemble the function prologue.
Some of the others would know for sure.

>         I don't know but that would explain what is happening altough
>         if it was the case I wonder
>
>         why noone has encountered this problem yet.

Windows is unfortunately riddled with code to clean up the stack after
functions declared with the wrong calling convention trash it. It's
entirely possible that this DLL was built/compiled incorrectly and
Windows cleans up after it. For instance this happens with wndprocs,
parts of the shell and I think even DirectX callbacks.

thanks -mike