[RESENT] TIME_GetBias

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 18 08:16:58 CST 2004

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:25:22 +0100, you wrote:

>     Rein> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:00:20 +0100, you wrote:
>     >> If you change the TimeGetBias() function as mentioned, synplify
>     >> starts with the grace license.
>
> Locally unsetting TZ was the fix I proposed years ago...

And was it rejected? I can imagine it would break systems that rely on
TZ and don't have something like the timezone database.

After some testing in Windows:

   WinApi functions (I tested GetTimeZoneInformation and
LocalFileTimeToFileTime ) are not affected by TZ.
   The VC++ runtime functions (localtime and mktime) are affected by the
TZ value like in Unix.

Apart of unsetting TZ, the only alternative I see would be not to rely
on libc at all (store timezone config in registry values for instance).

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes
rklazes at xs4all.nl