[RESENT] TIME_GetBias

Mike McCormack mike at codeweavers.com
Thu Mar 18 11:02:06 CST 2004

Hi Shachar,

Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Do you realize that time zone information is hardly a static thing? For
> some countries, such as Israel, time zone is something that changes
> annually. Do we really need the chore of keeping that up to date? Also,
> how are people going to update their local setup?

How does Windows deal with this then?

I think in the end, we'll have to go the route of storing our own
timezone information.  Aric has done some investigation into timezones,
and found that glibc has no standard API for determining the all the
information that Wine needs to implement Win32.

Perhaps we can use glibc's data, by importing it, and storing it the
same way as Windows does... presumably in the registry or a data file
somewhere... Anybody know how that works?

Mike