wine hangs in ddraw/d3dtexture.c (d3dtexture_create)

Lionel Ulmer lionel.ulmer at free.fr
Sat Mar 20 04:12:41 CST 2004

> Well, if shared context worked OK then I guess we could figure out a way
> to trick the GL libraries once again.

Well, an easy way to trick them is to re-break again the PTHREAD emulation
patch by reverting this :

   http://cvs.winehq.com/patch.py?id=10090

But the problem is then what to do if another library FOO is used
multi-threaded in Wine and require pthread emulation ? You can't really say
'OK, we emulate pthread for library FOO but not for OpenGL'.

And games like FIFA2002 never worked for me on the NVIDIA drivers because of
threading issues even when some others did...

> The other approaches (marshalling etc) seem really not good to me.

Yeah, but I fear it's the only way to go if we want to support all types of
GL libraries out there (DRI, ATI and NVIDIA).

         Lionel

--
		 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/