Problem with code in WWN 214

Francois Gouget fgouget at
Wed Mar 24 04:53:02 CST 2004

WWN 214 contains some sample code and in my browser I see:

static jmp_buf jmpbuf;

int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance, HINSTANCE hPrevInstance, LPSTR
lpszCmdLine, int nCmdShow)

There are two things that are wrong:
 * The #include statements are incomplete. That's because the HTML looks
like this:

   #include <wine/library.h>

   Of course the correct form would be:

   #include &lt;wine/library.h&gt;

   And yet the XML source seems correct since it contains &lt;/&gt;.

 * The line spacing is wrong. That's because the HTML contains:

   #include <wine/library.h><br></br>

   '<br></br>' results in two line feeds eventhough that may be a bug in
Mozilla. This might come from the '<br/>' tags in the XML source. But
maybe the best approach would be to side-step '<br>' altogether and use
<pre> to generate something like this:

#include &gt;wine/library.h&lt;
#include &gt;stdio.h&lt;
#include &gt;windows.h&lt;

   But maybe the idea behind <code> is that it makes the lines
wrappable. In that case we need to fix the <br> issue. Maybe removing it
altogether would work?

I see the same problems in other issues of WWN such as 139, 149 and
155. WWN 102 has the same double interline for a diff and there's
probably other issues that are affected.

Francois Gouget         fgouget at
                  Hiroshima '45 - Czernobyl '86 - Windows '95